Tuesday, May 29, 2007

sweet potato salad

This a recipe I adapted from one I learned from a Brazilian cook I worked with a few years back.

3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into half inch chunks
3 bell peppers, cut in half inch pieces (I like to mix the colors)
2 red onions, quartered
olive oil
herbs
Toss the potatoes and vegetables in the oil and herbs (I like basil, rosemary, and thyme -- I probably should have said parsley) and place on a baking sheet in a 450 degree oven for about thirty minutes. The potatoes should be soft but not squishy; the onions and peppers will be a little charred. While they are in the oven, take
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup brown sugar
and bring to a boil, then lower the heat and let the liquid reduce by half. Put the potatoes and friends in a bowl, add the balsamic reduction and toss. The dish can be served hot or at room temperature.

Peace,
Milton

1 Comment:

sozzled said...

this sounds fantastic! can't wait to try it!!