Monday, July 02, 2007

corn chip chicken

If Weight Watchers is a train, then this past weekend was a train wreck. I could give you reasons, but suffice it to say I used up enough points for most of July. And a good time was had by all. One of my endulgences (see, I told you I had a good time) was Ben and Jerry's Vermonty Python ice cream, which according to an old family tradition, I had mixed with Fritos corn chips. Tonight, with a return to sanity looming with the impending dawn, I had left over Fritos with which to contend, so I made up a chicken dish that kept me from polishing off the bag myself and was only 7 points. We ate it with some roasted red beets and sauteed beet greens (both 0 points) and finished the day in style.

4 thin sliced chicken breast filets
flour
skim milk
Fritos corn chips (I suppose you could try this with other chips, too)
olive oil
Dredge the chicken in the flour to coat it, dip it in the milk, and then press into the Frito crumbs. Saute in olive oil over medium high heat until golden and crispy -- about three minutes a side.

Serves 4.

Peace,
Milton

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous idea all around! Now Milton, is there any way to coat chicken in Ben and Jerry's ice cream to prevent me from eating an entire container myself in one sitting?

don't eat alone said...

Man, I wish. Maybe as a sauce . . . :-)

Peace,
Milton