Friday, April 24, 2009

crock pot roast

I haven't used my crock pot in a while, but decided to see what I could make of what I had available in my kitchen, and here's what I came up with. It was awesome.

1 3 lb. pot roast
flour
baby carrots
red potatoes (small)
green beans
dried ancho chilies
2 bay leaves
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 can Guinness Stout
salt and pepper

Get a skillet good and hot. Cover the bottom with a thin layer of olive oil. Dredge the roast in flour and sear in the skillet until brown (about three minutes a side). Put the roast in the crock pot and add the other ingredients. Cover. Turn on low for about eight hours. Remove the roast and vegetables and heat the gravy on the stove top to reduce, if you wish.

Peace,
Milton

1 Comment:

Jeff (no, the other one) said...

Got a beef pot roast in stout recipe out of a British Dairy Assoc. cookbook -- it's similar, minus your chilies and red potatoes. Most excellent!