Monday, December 03, 2012

oatmeal-craisin-chocolate chip-pecan cookies

This started as a quest to use up stuff I had around the house and to make cookies to take with me to work. It’s a variation on the cookie recipe in the lid of the Quaker Oatmeal box.

Preheat oven to 350. In a mixer, mix

1 cup butter (2 sticks), room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar
As I have said before, I let the mixer run for seven or eight minutes until the mixture is light and fluffy. Then add
2 eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla
Mix well. In a separate bowl combine
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
a pinch of salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Add the dry mixture gradually to the wet mixture until combined. Finally, mix in
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup Craisins (not craziness, as first published)
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto a greased cookie sheet or a Silpat and bake for 15-18 minutes.

Peace,
Milton

3 Comments:

Laura Redmon said...

Did you have the cup of craziness in the pantry or did you have to go buy it?

Laura Redmon said...

I had a wink after my comment above and it didn't publish! I know you meant craisins, but the cup of craziness is pretty funny this morning!

don't eat alone said...

Gotta love auto-correct.