Sunday, February 16, 2014

pumpkin cornbread

This recipe came about after a conversation with a colleague at work who sent me searching for a recipe. After looking several, I ended up with this one because I could use a whole can of pumpkin.

Preheat the oven to 425.

In a large bowl, mix together

2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups corn meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
In another bowl combine
4 eggs
1 can pumpkin puree
1 cup brown sugar packed
1/2 cup canola oil
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the pumpkin mixture. You could also add some chopped nuts or raisins or pumpkin seeds. We didn’t add anything. Grease two muffin pans and divide the mixture evenly. Bake for 15-17 minutes. Makes 24 muffins.

I served it with a chicken and black bean mixture I created out of what I had in the kitchen to feed friends during our last snow storm (see photo -- the muffin is under there, I promise!). You could also use the mixture here.

Peace,
Milton

0 Comments: